A shoe exhibit organized by the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, Shoes: Pleasure and Pain showcases more than 200 pairs of historic and contemporary shoes for men and women. Shoes designed by Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and others will be featured here.
There are five themes of the said exhibition, namely:
- Transformation presents the shoes that are of “myth and legend”
- Status showcases footwear “worn to represent privileged and leisurely lifestyles”
- Seduction presents footwear that represents an “expression of sexual empowerment or a passive source of pleasure”
- Creation presents the creation and craftsmanship of shoes
- Obsession refers to the “joy and fascination of collecting/owning/wearing”